2 new projects with CANTATA LEARNING
Why is Cantata Learning awesome? Because they connect books and music....just like I do!! These two projects were a total crazy backwards task for me.
1) I find an awesome book
2) I write lyrics and music about book
3) I make video and share
This project's process:
1) I read author's lyrics
2) I wrote music to go with the lyrics
3) Awesome book is printed + song is released + video is shared ALL ON AUGUST 1, 2017!!!!
HUGE THANK YOU's:
Find A Book Music Video - a huge thank you author Shannon McClintock Miller for connecting all of the dots on this project and suggesting me as the musician for your book project :) A giant, huge thank you to librarians Sarah Rosenberger-Svarda at Central Magnet School (TN) and Elizabeth Shepherd at The Discovery School (TN) and their daughters and students who joined in on the video creating with me! And of course to my fantastic videographer Alex Crawford.
Alphabet Safari Music Video - a huge thank you to my awesome pal Becca and her cutie Gresham for being both videographers and actors for this video ;)
Join my mailing list for a downloadable FREEBIE!
Also, check out some of my favorite poetry picture books including:
- DEAR DRAGON by Josh Funk, illustrated by Rodolfo Montalvo
- GUESS WHO, HAIKU by Deanna Caswell, illustrated by Bob Shea
- PEACE IS AN OFFERING by Annette LeBox, illustrated by Stephanie Graegin
- TRUNK TO TRUNKLET by Jorge Lujan, illustrated by Mandana Sadat (Enchanted Lion)
- WHEN GREEN BECOMES TOMATOES; Poems for all Seasons by Julie Fogliano, pictures by Julie Morstad
- MY WONDERFUL NURSERY RHYME COLLECTION - Silver Dolphin Books
I teared up reading this kind post about my recent visit to Grand Rapids, MI where I sang for East Oakview, North Oakview and West Oakview Elementary. Invited by teacher librarian Carrie Davies, and co-hosted by Kurt Stroh (the author of this post!), I had an incredible time meeting passionate educators and students who love books as much as I do!Read More